What’s on top of my mind these days?
Hanging out at one of the most beautiful beaches in the world? I think I will do that when I’m more like 130 or 140 years old. But my new project actually has something to do with the ocean – at least in an analogy.
I was blessed with having the opportunity to become a successful entrepreneur. I was following Confucius “Look for something you wholeheartedly love and you will never work a day in your life”. I found an activity that I loved very much – and still today – and actually never worked a day in my life. Now I feel obliged to do what all Silicon Valley people do – give back. Often even steer up projects much bigger than anything they did in their business life. And here in mine:
- World Innovations Forum Foundation (wiforum.org)
- Together with thousands of others, we try something, what we were always told to avoid: “Boiling the ocean”. Here comes the relation to hanging out on an ocean beach. :)
- Through Innovation and Entrepreneurship I fight for getting all nations at eye-level.
- At the World Innovations Forum, together with founding members, we formed our VISION as follows:
“We see a world, where prosperity is possible in all nations by accelerating entrepreneurship and innovation, leading to self propelled economies from within the respective nation. It will help eradicate hunger and poverty.”
- It may take 50 or even 100 years. But that is faster than a blink of an eye relative to our development in the past 50,000 years.
- And when we are there: we will need to permanently work on keep helping those countries who’s innovation and entrepreneurial power is declining and sliding far below the then leading countries.
- We have seen Egypt and Mesopotamia fading from 5,000 years world domination into a less developed or at bet “re”-emerging country. We have seen the Roman empire vanish away, leaving a small and continuously struggling country behind. We have seen the British Empire imploding to an Island Nation and even that continuing to divide and struggle. And we are right now watching a newly endangered country, the United States, getting into bankruptcy, exceeding staggering 20 Trillion in dept, having lost nearly all the industry leaderships in heavy duty industry, automobile industry, medical industry, health care industry, architecture and construction industry, and on it goes.
- Letting former leaders just go under is a terrible waste of energy. This is especially worst when the next generation or nation did not l;earn anything. Mankind never tried to stop the decay of a nation, therefor never found its reason, and always enjoyed the rise of an all new ear. We did not yet learn why nations go so far up and so far down for such a long cycle.
- We were lead to believe it is a natural cycle. But it is NOT. A natural cycle is a birth and a death. All the nations we are talking about are still existing – but fell far behind. With billions and actually in aggregate trillions of donations over the past 40 years we kept those nations alive. It is only our current limitation to find a way to support even the “big guys” and our limitation in thinking that they should find their own way.
I know this is “boiling the ocean” – but seriously shouldn’t we at least try? Isn’t it worth exploring and finding the path to such a world for all of us and the generations to come?
I will. I started already. I’m not the only one. And I’m not the only one who cars. I’m not even the only one with that idea. I myself would never be able to make it happen – nobody could. But by the thousands we have not only a chance – there is a very good probability to make it work in the future. We don’t even care if we will be alive to see the result. But we started to set the foundation for what need to happen anyhow.
And guess what – it excites my a thousand times more than hanging out at a beach – possibly thinking why me and why not all of the 7.5 Billion people.